Deconstructing the Best High School Admissions Essay
Already have an account? Please log in first to register.
In this workshop, Ashleigh Pedersen will provide parents with the tools to support students in writing the best high school admissions essay. Topics include:
What & Why
- What do high schools look for in the application essays?
- The importance of storytelling & details
- Can families expect the same essay questions through application portals like Ravenna, Gateway, and SAO?
Tips to navigate the writing process:
- Establishing check-in times
- The slippery slope of parent editing
- The value of outside support
Ashleigh Pedersen is the founder of Write Well Brooklyn and the author of the New York Times reviewed novel The Crocodile Bride. She has taught writing for over fifteen years, first as a classroom teacher and now as a private tutor. Her specialties include ongoing academic essay support, creative writing lessons, and her all-time favorite—application essay writing! Ashleigh excels at creating engaging, nurturing experiences for her students as they discover and express their unique voices. To learn more about Ashleigh's tutoring services, visit www.writewellbrooklyn.com or email Ashleigh directly: [email protected].