High School and Middle School Admissions Workshop
Members can attend this event for free.
Already a member? Log in now to register.
Are you about to embark on the NYC school admissions process for middle or high school? This workshop is designed just for you!
The purpose of this presentation is to help families understand the complexity of New York City schools and hit the ground running when they begin their applications. Parents League Advisor, Evie Gurney will cover the admissions process for middle and high schools. The emphasis will be on the independent schools, but will touch on public options.
- School selection: private day, boarding, parochial, charter and public
- Getting started: what to do in the winter/spring prior to the fall
- Applying: spring open houses, online research
- Timelines: Review basic timelines for the different types of schools
- Strategies: Staying organized
- Application components: applications, grades, testing, recommendations, and transcripts
- General recommendations: keeping your fall schedule open, try to enjoy the process