How to Prepare for the SSAT and ISEE
Members can attend this event for free.
Already a member? Log in now to register.
How can you help your child best prepare to take the ISEE or SSAT? In this one-hour presentation, expert educational consultant I-fan Quirk of Advantage Testing will lead a deep-dive discussion with Q&A to answer your questions about ISEE and the SSAT admissions tests for grades 4 through 11.
Topics covered will include:
- Which test should students take?
- What are the differences between the ISEE and the SSAT?
- How do schools consider ISEE and SSAT scores?
I-fan will also discuss preparation and overall test strategy including:
- Establishing a detailed study and test-taking plan and timeline tailored to each student’s goals and needs
- Effectively mastering math problem types, improving vocabulary, and building critical reading and writing skills
- Strengthening executive functioning skills such as focus, time management, and organization
Preparing for the SSAT or ISEE is an opportunity for students not only to improve their chances of admission but also to develop academic skills and strategies that will help them in middle school, high school, and beyond. Studying for these tests and seeing the results that they can achieve can give students a sense of ownership in their education and increased confidence in their own abilities.
Those who sign up for the webinar will also be eligible for a free, remotely administered practice test and a one-on-one consultation with I-fan.
I-fan Quirk, an honors graduate of Princeton University, has been tutoring with Advantage Testing for more than 20 years and has prepared hundreds of students for the SSAT and ISEE. I-fan believes that an educational approach that recognizes and supports every student’s unique learning style will foster a love of learning and empower students. By acquiring the skills that will enable them to excel, students become more confident not only academically but in all areas of their lives.