While you may not be able to visit our wonderful member schools in person, they are making it possible for you to connect virtually. We will keep this list updated so that you can learn about schools during this admissions season
About the Parents League of New York
Founded in 1913 as a coalition of parents and independent and private schools, Parents League of New York supports families and children by providing a broad range of educational and parenting resources.
As the public face of private education in New York—and the only nonprofit of its kind—we are the preeminent provider of advisory services for school admissions. Each year we help thousands of families as they apply to hundreds of schools across the country. Through our unequaled experience and affiliations, we have been developing and offering a wide array of workshops, forums and publications for over 100 years.
- Advice to families selecting schools and programs: preschools, elementary and secondary schools, boarding schools, special needs programs and summer camps.
- Parenting and education lectures and workshops by experts in their fields, and panel presentations by admissions and financial aid directors.
- Publications including the Review, Guide to New York City Preschools and Let's Play: Activities for Infants, Toddlers and Preschoolers.
Parents League of New York holds memberships in Independent School Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY), New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS), International Boys' Schools Coalition (IBSC), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), and the Association of Independent School Admission Professionals (AISAP).
Become a Member
Membership for Schools
If you represent an independent or private school click here to learn how to apply for School Membership, or call us at 212-737-7385. Annual membership dues are based on the total enrollment of the school.
- Annual School Fairs
- Panel Presentations for Prospective Parents
- Member School Directory and Publications
- Online Member School Directory
- Advisory Services
- Grade Openings
- Workshops and Forums
- Spring Reception
Take advantage of our many benefits including school admissions advice, events and publications.
- School Advisory Appointments and Workshops
- Lectures, Panels and Events on Parenting and Education
- Parents League Publications
- Online School Directory
- Camp Advice and Information
- Office Bulletin Board and Tutoring File
Financial Aid Memberships available.
Families can expect one of three outcomes as the admissions season for independent schools draws to a close: admit, deny or waitlist. While the first two are self-explanatory, people often ask what it means to be waitlisted.