Parents League member schools are making it possible for you to learn about their schools virtually and in person. We will keep this list updated so that you can learn about schools and prepare for the fall admissions season.
Membership for Schools
The Parents League currently has approximately 300 member schools, comprised of New York City private and independent preschools, elementary and secondary schools, country day and boarding schools. Annual membership dues are based on the total enrollment of the school.
Application and Requirements
To apply for School Membership, please download School Membership Application and mail or fax it back to us.
Requirements for School Membership are listed below. Please call us at 212-737-7385 if you have any questions.
New York City Schools Membership Requirements
- Elementary and secondary schools must have been in operation for at least five years; preschools must have been in operation for at least three years.
- Elementary and secondary schools must be accredited by NYSAIS or by one of the regional accrediting agencies, or an international accrediting body with a recognized evaluation process.
- Preschools must be licensed by the NYC Department of Health, Division of Day Care.
- School Membership Application and fee
- Letters of proposal from the Heads of two New York City Parents League member schools
Once the application and the two letter of proposal are received, an official site visit will be arranged.
Country Day and Boarding School Membership Requirements
- The school must have been in operation for at least five years.
- The school must be accredited by a regional accrediting association, or an international accrediting body with a recognized evaluation process.
- School Membership Application and fee
- Letters of proposal from the Heads of two Parents League member schools, one of which should preferably be a New York City member school.
Benefits of Membership for Schools
Annual Independent School Fairs
Each year we hold a Boarding School Fair, Middle and Upper Day School Fair, a Kindergarten Fair and a Preschool Fair. The fairs are held in New York City and are open to the public.
Panel Presentations for Prospective Parents
Panel presentations are held annually in New York City featuring admission directors from our member schools
Directory of Member Schools
A roster of our member schools, this directory is printed annually and is distributed to the public at our Fairs and to our family members. It includes member schools’ contact information, enrollment, age/grade range, and tuition.
Online School Directory
Widely used by our family members, the Parents League Online School Directory includes detailed information and links to member schools for Parents League members.
Our school advisors provide a place for families to start in their search for the right school for their child and continue by guiding them during the application process and helping them make a final school choice. Advisors regularly visit member schools to learn about each program's distinctiveness so they can share this information with families. The Parents League is often a critical resource for a family relocating from overseas or another part of the country.
The school advisory service works individually with families throughout the year to guide them to schools with possible openings. Member schools continuously report school openings throughout the year to our advisory service.
Fall and Spring Workshops
Workshops on various parenting and education topics are presented several times a year and may feature a faculty member or administrator from one of our member schools. Faculty and staff are welcome to attend our workshops.
A panel presentation or lecture by a nationally known speaker on an issue of importance to parents and educators. Open to the public.
This annual event honors the Heads and Admission Directors of our member schools.
Parents League Publications
Each member school receives a copy of the Review our annual journal on parenting and education, and the Guide to New York City Preschools (Preschools only).