Become a Member of Parents League of New York
Looking for the most trusted source to help you and your family navigate the complex path to private education in New York? You’ve found it. We wrote the book on connecting parents with the most current and relevant educational resources that best suit their families.
For less than $27 per month – reap the benefits for a lifetime
With your $315 annual membership, you will receive unlimited access to Parents League services for a YEAR. Join now!
Many things have changed, but there has been one consistent thread: parents want the best for their children. And with our practical, intimate knowledge of New York City private schools, we’ve always been here to help. Today’s Parents League members get more resources, top advice and unparalleled value than ever before.
Benefits of a Parents League membership
As a member, you’ll receive guidance and advice from an expert who is knowledgeable about all your school options, so you can make the most informed decisions for your child and your family.
Our members work directly with a Parents League School Advisor to discuss preschool, kindergarten, lower, middle, upper, boarding and special needs school admission. In addition to advanced degrees in education, nearly all of our Advisors have at least 15 years experience each as administrators, admission directors, teachers and board members at New York City independent schools.
Join Parents League of New York and receive unlimited advisory services for one affordable annual membership fee!
- One-on-one meetings with our experienced Advisors. From applications to acceptance, you will receive guidance and support to ensure all of your questions and concerns are answered. Your Advisor will help you understand the application process and identify the best schools for your family. Get personalized assistance every step of the way in evaluating the options that best suit the needs of your child.
- Unlimited follow-up calls and emails. Our Advisors will be available to talk by phone or respond to emails throughout the application process and beyond. Member access is part of our inclusive member benefits.
- Preschool Admissions Workshop. This popular program is available to all parents and is a great way to determine how you’ll work with your Advisor. Following this intimate and personal workshop, our members receive unlimited preschool admissions phone consultations.
"The Parents League of New York has been an invaluable resource for my family as we navigated the complex preschool admission process. They were instrumental in identifying the list of preschools that would be the right fit for my son and continued to assist in every aspect from application to acceptance."
- Lesley Slater
For the cost of a typical one-hour consultation—$315—you will receive ALL the benefits of Parents League membership for a YEAR. Join now!
We have close working relationships with over 300 independent day and boarding schools.
We offer much more than a database and list of contacts. Parents League of New York regularly visits every one of our member schools, and works closely with admissions staff and administrators. Our exclusive insights and unique perspective help our family members decide which schools are best for their child’s Individual talents and interests.
Our schools’ administrators and educators know we’re an unbiased resource. We’re not here to advocate for one school or program. Our mission is to give you information so you can make the best choice for your child.
"I'd just like to share how glad I am to have joined the PLNY. Although we are early in the preschool planning process, I've already learned so much through your organization. The workshop and fair were both incredibly helpful in this early navigation stage. It's hard to now imagine going through the application process without having met these incredible schools last Thursday! My husband and I now have a much better idea of which schools seem like the best fit for our family"
- Nina F.
What is included in a Family Membership?
School Advisory Services:
- Unlimited one-on-one meetings with a Parents League School Advisor to discuss kindergarten, lower, middle, upper, boarding and special needs school admission.
- Our Preschool Admissions Workshop, and unlimited preschool admissions phone consultations.
- Ongoing special needs workshops and group discussions facilitated by our special needs Advisors.
- Continued support from Parents League School Advisors throughout the admissions process.
Each year Parents League provides our members with presentations from top experts in the fields of parenting and education. Admission free for members!
Past speakers include:
- Frank Bruni, acclaimed New York Times journalist and author of Where You Go Is Not Who You’ll Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania
- Jessica Lahey, author of The Gift of Failure: How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed
- Ned Hallowell, leading psychiatrist and authority in the field of ADHD and New York Times best-selling author
- Nancy Schulman, Head of Early Learning Center, Avenues: The World School
- Andrew Solomon, winner of the National Book award and author of the best-selling book, Far From the Tree: Parents, Children, and the Search for Identity
Past topics include:
- The Kindergarten Child Interview
- Raising Your Bilingual Child (Even If You Aren’t)
- What is Boarding School Really Like?
- Paying for College Without Going Broke
- Minimizing Power Struggles with Toddlers and Preschool Children
- SSAT and ISEE Parent Workshops
- Parents League Review: Our annual journal on parenting and education.
- Guide to New York City Preschools: The only annually updated New York City preschool guide, with nearly 300 listings.
- Let’s Play: A comprehensive directory featuring activities for infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
- Online School Directory: Listing over 300 independent and private schools with information about their enrollment, tuition, age ranges and more.
- Blog: Access to articles and videos on parenting and education, available to current members.
"Thank you so much for taking the time to meet with us yesterday. Our conversation was a bright spot in what is otherwise a challenging process! We feel very confident moving forward with your support."
- Parents of PS 6 5th grader
Parents League of New York has been helping thousands of families for over 100 years. Our single purpose is to provide advice, community and support parents need to make the best decision for their children. We’re here to save you time and ease the overwhelming process of school selection and admissions. Join now for unlimited access to the Parents League of New York community.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Once I become a member, how do I access resources?
After completing the registration, you will receive a welcome email with your log-in information to your online account, where you can update your personal information and details about your family at any point in time.
Once you have set up your online account, you can call to schedule meetings with our Advisors. You can also sign up online for the many free events we provide our members throughout the year.
Is membership based on the school year or calendar year?
Your membership is based on a 12-month period from the date you become a member; you will be offered the opportunity to continue at a discounted "ongoing member" rate when your current membership expires.
Most admissions processes begin in early September and culminate in placement the following spring, but you may want to start your research in the spring or summer preceding your admissions season, and so April and May are great months to join if this is your first time starting this process.
We have several children in our family. Will advisory services be available for all of them?
Yes, with your Family Membership, we are available to assist with placement of any student in your immediate family.
Does Parents League help with middle school and high school students?
Yes, and our Advisors excel in this area. Even if your child has been at an ongoing school from kindergarten, it is always a good idea to investigate other options as students grow and mature. In addition, we advise many families who need mid-year placement—for instance, those who are relocating to New York City.
Do you work ONLY with New York City schools?
While the majority of our member schools are in New York City, we have over 30 country day School members in the surrounding area, and we have over 125 boarding school members throughout the United States and Canada. Our Advisors can certainly help families who are looking at options outside of the city.
Will I speak to the same Advisor each time?
You will work with the same Advisor throughout the admissions process. But all of our Advisors have access to your files and records, and can assist you on the rare occasion your Advisor is not available.
If you are applying for financial aid at independent schools, click here to apply for a discounted membership.
Don’t wait another minute. Join our Parents League of New York community now.
Refunds and/or cancellations of membership can be accommodated within 14 days of purchase provided you have not used our advisory services nor attended a members-only event or a public event with a registration fee for nonmembers. All member materials will need to be returned prior to the credit of your membership fee.