Parents are often surprised to learn that the preschool admissions process begins when children are only young toddlers. With this simple timeline, you can take the preschool admissions process step-by-step while enjoying this special time with your young child.
Elementary/Lower School Admissions
Parents League Membership includes unlimited individual advisory meetings for Independent School Admissions at any grade. Make an appointment (either in-person or phone) to discuss the admissions process and your school search.
Topics covered include:
- Creating and reviewing a list of schools
- Application procedures and timeline
- Preparing for tour, interview and child's visit
- Schools' philosophy, learning environment and curriculum
- Tuition and financial aid
To stay updated about school curriculum and environments, Parents League School Advisors visit schools and regroup to discuss observations.
Call us to join and schedule your appointment at 212-737-7385.
Become a Member
Membership for Schools
If you represent an independent or private school click here to learn how to apply for School Membership, or call us at 212-737-7385. Annual membership dues are based on the total enrollment of the school.
- Annual School Fairs
- Panel Presentations for Prospective Parents
- Member School Directory and Publications
- Online Member School Directory
- Advisory Services
- Grade Openings
- Workshops and Forums
- Spring Reception
Take advantage of our many benefits including school admissions advice, events and publications.
- School Advisory Appointments and Workshops
- Lectures, Panels and Events on Parenting and Education
- Parents League Publications
- Online School Directory
- Camp Advice and Information
- Office Bulletin Board and Tutoring File
Financial Aid Memberships available.
“Beyond helpful, great advice and important service”
Parents League School Advisors have over 200 years of combined experience as administrators, admission directors, teachers and board members at NYC independent and private schools, but what does that mean for you? How does our school admissions expertise translate into success for you and your family?