Many preschools enroll children at 2.0 years of age (by September 1st of the fall your child begins). A few preschools enroll as young as 1.6 or as old as 3.0.
Parents League Membership includes unlimited individual advisory meetings for Kindergarten Admissions. Make an appointment to start your school search and to discuss the admissions process.
Topics covered include:
- Creating and reviewing a list of schools
- Application procedures and timeline
- Schools' philosophy, learning environment and curriculum
- Preparing for tour, interview and child's visit
- Tuition and financial aid
To stay updated about school curriculum and environments, Parents League School Advisors visit schools and regroup to discuss observations.
Call us to join and schedule your appointment at 212-737-7385.
Become a Member
Membership for Schools
If you represent an independent or private school click here to learn how to apply for School Membership, or call us at 212-737-7385. Annual membership dues are based on the total enrollment of the school.
- Annual School Fairs
- Panel Presentations for Prospective Parents
- Member School Directory and Publications
- Online Member School Directory
- Advisory Services
- Grade Openings
- Workshops and Forums
- Spring Reception
Take advantage of our many benefits including school admissions advice, events and publications.
- School Advisory Appointments and Workshops
- Lectures, Panels and Events on Parenting and Education
- Parents League Publications
- Online School Directory
- Camp Advice and Information
- Office Bulletin Board and Tutoring File
Financial Aid Memberships available.
There is no denying that recent pricing trends make the independent school choice seem less financially viable for many families. During the past decade, the tuition price tag has increased at significant rates. Data gathered by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) show that the median tuition for all independent schools (of all types and grade levels) rose by nearly 50% during that time.