La culture ne s’hérite pas, elle se conquiert. (Culture is not inherited, it must be earned.)
— André Malraux, France’s first Minister of Cultural Affairs
Parents League School Advisors are here for you whether you are new to the city or have lived here your whole life. They have the expertise to help you find the right preschool for your child.
Begin the process by following these simple steps:
- Join Parents League.
Sign up for membership online or call our office at 212-737-7385.
- Attend a Parents League Preschool Workshop (included with membership).
Led by one of our experienced School Advisors, this 90-minute workshop is offered at our office and at other locations throughout the city during the spring and summer. The workshops are limited to ten to twenty members, and will give you the opportunity to learn about the process and have all your questions answered. See the schedule here
- Develop your list of schools, and then call one of our preschool advisors to review your list. (included with membership)
Request and file applications in September. Stay in touch with your School Advisor as you go through the process. (unlimited calls with a School Advisor included in your membership)
Not sure if your child is ready to apply to preschool? Call our office at 212-737-7385 and a Parents League School Advisor will help you answer this question.
Preschool Admissions Workshop at our upper east side office.
Become a Member
Membership for Schools
If you represent an independent or private school click here to learn how to apply for School Membership, or call us at 212-737-7385. Annual membership dues are based on the total enrollment of the school.
- Annual School Fairs
- Panel Presentations for Prospective Parents
- Member School Directory and Publications
- Online Member School Directory
- Advisory Services
- Grade Openings
- Workshops and Forums
- Spring Reception
Take advantage of our many benefits including school admissions advice, events and publications.
- School Advisory Appointments and Workshops
- Lectures, Panels and Events on Parenting and Education
- Parents League Publications
- Online School Directory
- Camp Advice and Information
- Office Bulletin Board and Tutoring File
Financial Aid Memberships available.
Finding the right school for your child can be a daunting experience, and if you need help, support is available. Regardless of where you live in the country, you will likely find people to assist you.