I’ve been in practice for 35 years. In the old days, most parents of lower school boys came to see me at the recommendation of the school. The student was behind in reading and writing, or restless, devilish, or puzzlingly out-of-sorts. Today, most parents of young boys are self-referred. The most common presenting problem? Their sons’ worrisome worries. These anguished parents use such similar phrases that I feel like I’m listening to actors reading sides for a casting agent.
Founded in 1913 as a coalition of parents and independent and private schools, the Parents League of New York supports families and children by providing a broad range of educational and parenting resources.
Become a Member
Membership for Schools
If you represent an independent or private school click here to learn how to apply for School Membership, or call us at 212-737-7385. Annual membership dues are based on the total enrollment of the school.
- Annual School Fairs
- Panel Presentations for Prospective Parents
- Member School Directory and Publications
- Online Member School Directory
- Advisory Services
- Grade Openings
- Workshops and Forums
- Spring Reception
Take advantage of our many benefits including school admissions advice, events and publications.
- $300 membership expires 6/30/2018
- $400 membership expires 6/30/2019
- School Advisory Appointments and Workshops
- Lectures, Panels and Events on Parenting and Education
- Parents League Publications
- Online School Directory
- Camp Advice and Information
- Office Bulletin Board and Tutoring File
Preschool Admission Workshops
In this modern age of distraction, many parents and teachers are concerned about the short and long term effects of electronic over-usage combined with academic, family, peer and extra-curricular stress. Based on his book, CrazyBusy, Dr.